Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Its our 2 year Cruising Anniversary

Hard to believe its been 2 years since we left our home port of Westport Mass. what an adventure we have had, the places we have been and people we have met along the way has been nothing less than incredible.  SweetPea has traveled more than 10,000 miles now, maybe not alot in car travel, but considering we travel at 10 miles an hour on average that's alot.  I think to best understand it, what a person would travel an hour by car takes us a full day.  After all it's all about the experience not the destination. 

This time last year we spent our 1 year anniversary here........




With all these wonderful people on some unknown Island on the Tennessee River

 


And enjoying this beautiful sunset at the end of the day






Our 2nd anniversary is here......



Beautiful Cape May NJ and while docked this is the view..........




                                       But I, (Dale) is here!...........
                                   

But then If I wasn't there these fine folks won't be here.............

This is Jim's crew, Terry and Charlene on the bow of SweetPea
 
Sigh! .... Well as Charlene said to me as I was leaving SweetPea the night before they left port,  "I wish you were coming with us, but then again, if you were, we wouldn't be here!" LOL
Enjoy the trip, but I wish I was there too.
Happy Anniversary Babe be safe.
 

1 comment:

Admiral C said...

Hey guys! We remember your 1st anniveraty very well! Loved the bonfire and margaritas..... I think it was at Double Islands. Remember the calliope? How time flies, huh? Hope to see you again soon - we have plenty to catch up on.
Mike and Twyla
aboard NautiNell