Friday, October 8, 2010

Tomorrow is a GO!

After sitting and waiting for the weather to turn for 5 days tomorrow is a go! While the waiting has given us the opportunity to do all the things we wanted to do. The boat is more than stocked of personal belongings, spare parts, food, and fueled. We are good to go! If we sit for one more day there may not be room for us with the things we keep bringing aboard. We will be traveling with 3 other boats on a similar schedules which makes it more fun and less stressful. We will be traveling with Liberty out of East Greenwich RI. Esperanza out of NS Canada, but they have been in Westport for a month ( they are now in CT) and last but not least Northern Symphony also out of Canada (ON) they are now in Newport RI. It is nice to know there are others out there you can shout out to and maybe spend some dock time with. There are 2 other boats already in the Chesapeake Bay area heading south which we have had contact with as well, and I am sure we will find some others. Being a member of the AGLCA has allowed us, though their discussion board to hookup with others. As well as the many Harbour hosts along the way we can contact for info and guidance. So, we are off tomorrow! Thank you to those of you who have signed up to follow our journey, we look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: